The core purpose of the Library is to support and enhance the educational mission of the school. Our Library collection reflects our Catholic identity as well as supporting the learning and teaching needs of our community. Our quest is to provide students with new and exciting books to experience the pleasure of reading for enjoyment. Reading develops empathy, creativity, self-reflection and awareness of others’ similarities and differences.
The school Library provides:
- A modern, inviting place for the school community.
- Comprehensive literature and information resources for 21st Century learners.
- A library collection which is dynamic, current and responsive to students’ leisure reading as well as the learning activities of the school.
- Age appropriate fiction and non-fiction collection.
- Professional assistance to teachers with planning and resourcing the curriculum. This is supported through a range of audio-visual material such as charts, posters, CDs, DVDs, and teaching equipment.
The library organises special occasions throughout the year like visits from children’s authors, participation in Book Club, Book Fair, organised Library events and Book Week activities.